This yummy Whaiora berry parfait is a healthy take on the traditional recipe. It's easy to make and perfect to share for breakfast or dessert.
Makes 2- 4 serves depending on glass size
- 1 cup raspberries or berries of your choice
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Whaiora Berry
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 strawberries (to top)
- Fresh mint (to top)
- Mix the honey, coconut oil, almonds, cashews, oats and chia seeds together in a bowl. Add the mixture to a pan on medium high and toast for 5-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Get out two glasses and spoon half of the raspberries (or your chosen berries) into each of the two glasses. Layer on a tablespoon of greek yoghurt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Berry Whaiora powder into the remaining greek yoghurt until the yoghurt turns smooth and pink.
- Separate the berry yoghurt mixture in half and use one half of the mixture to fill up the two glasses as the next layer. Do not use all of the berry mixtures for this layer as you will need it for the top.
- Add the toasted nuts as the next layer.
- Use a piping bag to squeeze out the berry mixture on top of the parfait in long ribbons, or simply spoon the berry mixture on the top of the glass.
- Cut the strawberries and place them along with the fresh mint on top of the parfait.
Tip: Frozen berries can be used in the place of fresh berries in this recipe, defrost before using.