Bircher is like a yummy muesli with the creamy texture of porridge. Each mouthful is sweet and flavoursome with a refreshingly fruity and nutty twist. The original bircher recipe needs to be soaked overnight but we use fine rolled oats which soak up liquid fast so you can eat it straight away! Thanks to Jay and Sarah for the recipe.
- 2 large Apples coarsely grated
- 2 cups Fine rolled oats (quick oats )
- 1 cup Milk (dairy, coconut or almond)
- 4 tablespoons of Whaiora Berry Smoothie Blend
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Liquid honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Roasted almonds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (optional)
- Mix grated apple with oats, milk, coconut cream or yoghurt, vanilla, lemon juice, cinnamon and honey in a bowl. Leave in the fridge for about 5 minutes.
- Divide the bircher mix between bowls and top with almonds, berries, drizzled with maple syrup and an extra dollop of coconut cream or milk.